Junior Technician / Client Service Coordinator
The Junior Technician / Client Service Coordinator is the primary point of contact between our company and our clients. This position requires handling a full range of tasks, including answering client phone calls, coordinating technical service, maintaining the service database, keep the office clean, well-maintained, stocked and tidy, manage office security and maintain office inventory (supplies, loaners & resale stock items). As clients are generally calling with technical issues, this unique position is ideal for someone who has strong customer service and organizational skills and would like to build their technical skills.
- Total Compensation Potential: $25,000-$30,000
- Internal Department or Team: Service Department
- External Relationships: Clients & Vendors
- Reports to: Service Manager
Technicians will be reporting to you on current tasks.
The Client Service Coordinator is the primary point of contact between our company and our clients. This position requires handling a full range of tasks, including answering client phone calls, coordinating technical service and maintaining the service database. As clients are generally calling with technical issues, this unique position is ideal for someone who has strong customer service and organizational skills and would like to build their technical skills.
The Client Service Coordinator will be expected to maintain PC Miracles positive reputation with existing clients through exceptional service delivery.
Key Performance Indicators
- Customer Satisfaction
- Achievement of approved professional development goals.
- Continual improvement of other competencies as indicated in the section titled “Competencies” below.
Prospective Time Allocation
- 70% Ticket Handling, Client Interaction, etc.
- 5% Personal Education
- 5% Paperwork/Billing
- 15% Assistance to Other Technical Staff
- 5% Other Duties as Assigned by the Company
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize Kaseya, and other service-specific tools and technologies to deliver onsite and remote user support services.
- Use Tigerpaw to manage Service Orders
- Update service order information with accurate documentation of all activities conducted.
- Direct communication with clients and management
- Managing service scheduling for multiple clients, prioritizing workload
- Working with clients and engineers to clarify information and set proper expectations
- Monitoring progress for each service ticket and escalating as necessary
- Reporting any quality-related or client-related issues to management
- Fostering a team approach to meeting objectives of our clients
- Participation with the department re-engineering efforts to increase efficiencies
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Participate in ongoing training and attainment of various manufacturer and software certifications.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers that further enhance PC Miracles positive reputation through exceptional customer service.
- Maintain relationships with vendor contacts that are beneficial to PC Miracles.
- Maintain a professional and clean appearance.
- Professional Development
- Develop personal skills to work efficiently both, individually and as a member of the Service Department.
- Participate in company-sponsored job related activities and training to further enhance your job skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Ethics - Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; Inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity and ethically; Uphold organizational values.
- Communications - Express thoughts clearly in written form; Articulate verbal thoughts understandably; Demonstrate active listening skills; Comprehend information heard; Use appropriate communication methods; Keep others informed.
- Conflict Resolution - Maintain calm under pressure; Encourage respectful dialogue; Confront difficult situations without bias; Act within realistic timeframe for resolution; Resolve conflicts through fair negotiation.
- Consistency - Follow through as promised; Confirm people know each other's expectations; arrive to and complete meetings on time; Meet with direct reports in-person or by phone regularly; Change decisions rarely.
- Cost Consciousness - Save money without lowering quality of service; Perform within approved budget; Conserve PC Miracles and customer resources; Develop profitable new revenue streams; Identify new ways to lower costs.
- Managing Multiple Priorities - Manage multiple commitments and/or projects; Plan and utilize time efficiently; Respond to changing customer needs; Resolve conflicts to deliver on schedule; Complete work in order of customer priorities.
- Problem Solving - Identify problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Resolve problems in early stages; Work well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork - Contribute to a positive team effort; Balance team and individual responsibilities; Listen attentively and openly to others' views; Give and sincerely accept feedback; Help the team stay focused on key objectives;
Resolve team conflict before it escalates; Place the team's success above own interests.
- Troubleshooting - Anticipate problems; Demonstrate critical thinking skills
Communicate with customers as promised; Use diagnostic tools efficiently and effectively; identify, test and implement logical solutions; Follow PC Miracles troubleshooting procedures.
- Knowledge Advancement & Learning - Attend required training sessions on a regular basis; Strive to learn new products and technologies on his/her own time; Identify and help/teach other technicians when needed; Accept and implement new technology concepts and methods; Achieve training as required under PC Miracles 's training policy
Skills & Qualifications:
It is impossible to list all of the skills and qualifications that an individual will need to efficiently perform in this position, but we have listed general skills and qualifications that individuals should have or should be striving to achieve in order to be qualified for this position.
- Technical Skills
- Desktop operating systems such as Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
- Desktop software such as Microsoft Office Suites
- Security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies.
- Knowledge of Email Configuration
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A+ Certification
- Valid driver's license required
- Proof of automobile insurance required
- Other Skills & Abilities
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be prepared to travel as required
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
- Self Motivated
- Should enjoy learning new things
Values Qualifications (not required)
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience (a plus not a requirement)
- Experience as part of a Microsoft Partner organization (a plus not a requirement)
- Experience working for a managed services organization (a plus not a requirement)
- Bilingual fluency (English required)
- Live within 30 miles of Clarkston
- Be on call per a schedule
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be personable and good on the telephone.
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships. Service oriented.
- Demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills. Fast-paced environment.
- Computer literate with above average computer skills.
- Some college coursework required, degree preferred.
- Must be a team player.
- The position is staffed 8:30am-6pm M-F. Must be available in those time frames
While performing the duties of this job, an individual is regularly required to talk and hear. The person must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The individual is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The person must have good close and distance vision, be able to distinguish color and focus easily. The person may be required to climb up and down tall ladders, several flights of stairs and use elevators. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Local travel is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Intent & Functions of Job Descriptions:
Job descriptions assist our company in making certain our hiring process is fairly administered and qualified employees are selected. We view job descriptions as essential to our performance appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-written and maintained job descriptions are also an integral part of our compensation system.
All job descriptions are reviewed to ensure only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards necessary to successfully perform the job whereas peripheral activities that are only incidentally related to the job have been excluded.
In no instance should the requirement, skills, and abilities be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Supervisors may assign additional appropriate activities and requirements. It is possible requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. At no time will accommodations be purposefully made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on our company.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Our company is an at-will employer. At any time, employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.