This position requires strong organizational, communication, and client relationship skills (fluent English required). Must have strong technical skills and high level of accuracy in work. Be able to work on multiple projects. Individual should be versed with supporting various operating systems, application software and network connectivity issues. Position will also entail performing upgrades, installations, moves, adds, changes and repairs on systems. Technician will possibly travel to client sites throughout Oakland, Macomb & Genesee Counties to provide technical support; must have reliable transportation. We are a fast-paced growing computer service firm. We have been in business since 1994.
Salary Range: $30,000-$40,000
Click Here to Apply
- Internal Department or Team: Service Department
- External Relationships: Clients & Vendors
- Reports to: Service Manager
There are currently no supervisory responsibilities involved with this position.
The Systems Engineer has the ability and experience to handle design and implementation of firewall security, Local / Wide Area Networks, Storage Solutions and Microsoft server technologies. The Systems Engineer exhibits a high level of technical knowledge and is able to apply that knowledge to customer’s technical issues and problems. This position will assist other technical staff members in resolving issues or developing technical solutions for company’s customers, and effectively research and design technical solutions for customer opportunities.
The Systems Engineer, installs and supports IT solutions for clients, maintains client uptime and improves their computing experiences through effective monitoring, maintenance and problem identification and resolution activities. The Systems Engineer will be expected to maintain PC Miracles's positive reputation with existing clients through exceptional service delivery.
Key Performance Indicators
- Utilization rate of 75% or higher (Utilization is determined by the total number of billed hours to client activities in a month.)
- Achievement of approved professional development goals.
- Continual improvement of other competencies as indicated in the section titled “Competencies” below.
Prospective Time Allocation
- 75% Billable hours installing, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- 5% Personal Technical Education
- 5% Paperwork/Billing
- 5% Assistance to Other Technical Staff
- 10% Other Duties as Assigned by the Company
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, install, and support specific technology solutions for our clients.
- Manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support our users’ networks, equipment, software, and other related services.
- Identify user problems while working within a structured problem management and resolution process to remediate them.
- Work with other internal and external resources and vendors to deliver effective support services.
- Identify, document and troubleshoot users computing issues to resolution while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Utilize Kaseya, and other service-specific tools and technologies to deliver onsite and remote user support services.
- Update service order information with accurate documentation of all activities conducted.
- Participate in ongoing training and attainment of various manufacturer and software certifications.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers that further enhance PC Miracles positive reputation through exceptional customer service.
- Maintain relationships with vendor contacts that are beneficial to PC Miracles.
- Maintain a professional and clean appearance.
- Professional Development
- Develop personal skills to work efficiently both, individually and as a member of the Service Department.
- Participate in company-sponsored job related activities and training to further enhance your technical skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Ethics - Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; Inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity and ethically; Uphold organizational values.
- Communications - Express thoughts clearly in written form; Articulate verbal thoughts understandably; Demonstrate active listening skills; Comprehend information heard; Use appropriate communication methods; Keep others informed.
- Conflict Resolution - Maintain calm under pressure; Encourage respectful dialogue; Confront difficult situations without bias; Act within realistic timeframe for resolution; Resolve conflicts through fair negotiation.
- Consistency - Follow through as promised; Confirm people know each other's expectations; arrive to and complete meetings on time; Meet with direct reports in-person or by phone regularly; Change decisions rarely.
- Cost Consciousness - Save money without lowering quality of service; Perform within approved budget; Conserve PC Miracles and customer resources; Develop profitable new revenue streams; Identify new ways to lower costs.
- Managing Multiple Priorities - Manage multiple commitments and/or projects; Plan and utilize time efficiently; Respond to changing customer needs; Resolve conflicts to deliver on schedule; Complete work in order of customer priorities.
- Problem Solving - Identify problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Resolve problems in early stages; Work well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork - Contribute to a positive team effort; Balance team and individual responsibilities; Listen attentively and openly to others' views; Give and sincerely accept feedback; Help the team stay focused on key objectives;
Resolve team conflict before it escalates; Place the team's success above own interests.
- Troubleshooting - Anticipate problems; Demonstrate critical thinking skills
Communicate with customers as promised; Use diagnostic tools efficiently and effectively; identify, test and implement logical solutions; Follow PC Miracles troubleshooting procedures.
- Knowledge Advancement & Learning - Attend required training sessions on a regular basis; Strive to learn new products and technologies on his/her own time; Identify and help/teach other technicians when needed; Accept and implement new technology concepts and methods; Achieve training as required under PC Miracles 's training policy.
Skills & Qualifications
It is impossible to list all of the skills and qualifications that an individual will need to efficiently perform in this position, but we have listed general skills and qualifications that individuals should have or should be striving to achieve in order to be qualified for this position.
- Working towards, Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology, related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Technical Skills
- Desktop operating systems such as Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
- Desktop software such as Microsoft Office Suites
- Server operating systems such as Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft Small Business Server.
- Server software programs such as Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint Server and other server software
- Networks, internet connection issues, as the ability to configure and troubleshoot network devices such as routers and managed switches
- Backup systems
- Security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A+ Certification
- Microsoft MCP in either Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7
- Valid driver's license required
- Proof of automobile insurance required
- Other Skills & Abilities
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be prepared to travel as required
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
- Self Motivated
- Should enjoy learning new things
- Minimum 2 Years experience working as a systems engineer or related position.
- Values Qualifications (not required)
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience as part of a Microsoft Partner organization
- Experience working for a managed services organization
- Bilingual fluency (English required)
- Live within 30 miles of Clarkston
- Be on call per a schedule
While performing the duties of this job, an individual is regularly required to talk and hear. The person must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The individual is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The person must have good close and distance vision, be able to distinguish color and focus easily. The person may be required to climb up and down tall ladders, several flights of stairs and use elevators. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Local travel is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PC Miracles believes that every individual working for the organization should continually be trying to increase their knowledge and skills. Many of the skills needed are not found in technical certifications and technical manuals. Skills such as accountability communications, teamwork and customer service can be found through reading and/or listening to many great books that are available. The following list of books will be added to from time to time.
- Raving Fans
- Who Moved My Cheese?
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Getting Things Done